Saturday, March 09, 2013

Working Knit With Simplicity 2345



I just finished up my latest top from Simplicity 2345 and I don't think with it just yet. So far I have made 4 tops and dress using this pattern, that is a lot for me. I love the cowl neck line and how it shows off my log neck with a nice necklace. For me its not your average tee but not too unique that if you made it a lot someone would notice. This particular one sat for almost a year as a UFO while I made others. Only because I quickly learned that I like this pattern more in a poly knit than a cotton knit, the cowl just hangs better to me. So any future tops or dresses from this pattern will be made in only knits that drape well.







Gray, White, Black and Red in a Cotton Knit

Purple, Black and White Stripe in a polyester knit


Gray Cotton Knit

Black, Red, Off White in a Polyester Knit


Various Shades of Purple and White in a Polyester Knit as a Dress

If I do make this a dress again, I'm going to have to A-line the pattern a little bit more. While I do wear the dress that made, I wanted something that is not so clingy in the hips, more like a flowy maxi dress. What I did was to the a-line shaping starting just above the hips which did not give me the amount of ease I wanted in the hip area. What I think I need to do is to start the a-line just below the bust like in a empire waist dress. I have a green and white knit that was given to me by a good friend that I think would be perfect for my next dress. 
You can read more on this pattern here.

Until next time, happy sewing...

5 comments:

Nanna said...

it's good when you find a pattern that you really like, love all your tops & the dress is ncie too!
Helen

L said...

Nanna said it! Isn't it great to have a pattern that you like and can make many times? I love your top and agree with you about cowl necklines. They're quite flattering.

Sarah Liz said...

Those tops are beautiful - so I am looking forward to seeing what els you come up with in the sew your own wardrobe for a year challenge - and looking forward to getting to know you and your interesting life. Pop over and say hi one day.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

What a great use of a pattern! Love all of your versions of the top and the dress!

Lisa H. said...

OMG! That was quite a fashion show! I love every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails