Thursday, December 08, 2011

Simplicity 2345 with OOP 5875

 I'm surprised this pattern has only been reviewed once and is now OOP.With all the popularity of cowls right now I would think this would have gotten more air time. Anyway I'm thinking about adding this one to my collection of patterns for my challenge for next year, it really is one of my favorite top patterns.I have only made it twice but I hope to make it a lot more. Anyway here is my review.
 Pattern Description: Misses'/Miss petite jacket, pants, knit top and dress with knit bodice.

Pattern Sizing: 8-16 but I sewed a size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  A little, I added a sleeve from and OOP simplicity pattern 5875

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, I had no problems putting it together and after you have done it once, its  breeze the second time around.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I had no dislikes other than just wanting sleeves, which was easier to do than I thought.

Fabric Used: a polyester knit I had gotten from fabric.com and a cotton knit I got here from Souk Owais

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: only change I made was add a sleeve from an OOP Simplicity 5875 but for I did this I asked and Nicegirl's reply was most helpful Message board question After wearing the first one for a while  I added an extra inch to the gray top since I like  y tops a little longer than it was drafted

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes and yes

Conclusion: I love my tops and hope to make more and I even plans to make it into a dress esp with  the popularity of Vogue 1250
I'm surprised it has only been reviewed once







Until next time happy sewing...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails