This is my last variation on my basic t-shirt before I move onto wovens. I wanted to try something again that was all my own so I decided to do a top with a cowl and peplum. For this peplum I added more fullness by slashing and spreading pattern piece that I used my last top and then using some basic knowledge that I got from studying a ready to wear sweater, I drafted the cowl using the neckband as a starting guide. My Homer Simpson Do'h moment didn't come until I was attaching the cowl and realized I didn't lower the neckline so the cowl was not as big and as low as I wanted. I was in such a rush that day and it was not one of my usual sewing days. It was more like when ever I found sometime even if it was five minutes I went into my room and did something but nothing to focused including the pattern drafting. By the end of the day the top was complete but with that huge mistake and I did not have enough fabric to try and recut another cowl so I just left it , just call it a curtle (cowl turtle mix) LOL. I do plan to try again but first I want to move on a little bit with some woven tops.
This is also my first item in the Autumn 6PAC over at Stitcher's Guild. I decided to do a mini wardrobe completely drafted by me. I am also thinking about the upcoming mini wardrobe over at Patternreview since the rules appear to be a bit relaxed, just four items sewn in four weeks to make four outfits.
- Self drafted t-shirt pattern
- 5 pattern pieces (front bodice, back bodice, peplum, sleeve and cowl)
- Thin cotton knit
- Sewn using both sewing machine and serger
I know that fitting with wovens is a bit more involved so be patient with me on the next few garmants.
Until next time, happy sewing