Sunday, September 16, 2012

Peplum Top FAIL

This is where this top ENDS, just before I put in the sleeves and hem it. I would tell more of the construction of  this top but I can't , I'm just done, through, finished with this top. I had very high hopes for this top that is why it is so disappointing. The problem is that the waist is NOT flattering at all, and its my fault, that's what I get for being lazy. I only did a tissue fit and found that it was a little small in the waist so I decided not to sew the back darts to give myself more room in the back and just eased the fullness with the peplum. Well turns out I had plenty room in the waist as a matter of fact a 42 maybe too big for me, see I'm still learning to fit myself and still have not developed my eye yet for catching these things in tissue that is why I tend to tissue fit, alter and then make a muslin. Well this top made me look like I had a spare tire in the middle forget that it made me look like I had a Mack truck spare tire in the middle. Of course I did not see this until I put the invisible in and tried it on. Taking the top apart was not an option as fragile as this fabric is it would just look tortured. So I'm taking out the zip and picking myself up and  moving along and reworking my plan. I DO plan to make this top again but not now after this disaster I need a moment alone away from this pattern, I just don't want to look at it any more right now. So on the top number two which is one that was already in my plan.

Until next time, happy sewing...

3 comments:

Judith said...

Now that is annoying! At least you are still motivated to move on and keep sewing...

readythreadsew said...

It's a shame the top didn't work out. I always class unsuccessful garments as a learning experience. I hope your next project works out better for you.

Carla Belyea said...

Looking forward to your next project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails