Friday, December 09, 2011

Working Simplicity 2599

 So Simplicity 2614 just is not going to work out for me, the bust portion needs to be lowered and the upper back is too tight and lower back there is like a pool of fabric. Its is just too much for a top I don't think I'll make a lot of. So once again I visited Simplicity 2599, its like the third time I have gone to this pattern in the last two weeks, so far it has the best starting point being a size twelve with a D-cup. I already had a muslin sewn up and I remember that I loved the fit of it even with out any alterations even tho it clearly needs some. So all in all I think this is the best I have come across in my small pattern stash.
 Just as you can see here, the back pools on me. I don't know if this is from a swayback or large derrie  that is causing it. Also it is on the bias so I don't know if that is playing a factor in the pooling and if so how do I alter it, is it the same as something on the grain? I'm taking all of this as a learning experience but I know that this top is not one that I want to spend a lot of time on if I don't see me making it up that much.

 So back to Simplicity 2599. Since I already had a muslin of the pattern unaltered, I wore it around the house for a few hours doing house work and working with my kids and so far these are the adjustments I made, I lowered the bust dart one inch, add a half in to the upper back and add one inch to the hip area. So I'm hoping to get time this weekend and sew up the new muslin and see how it fits.


I really have to keep the goal in mind because using all of this time for just working with patterns and no clothes to show is a bit downing. But once I have a good pattern to work with there is no limit to what I can do with it, I know I may still need to alter later but I just want a good starting point. I just have to take everything as a learning experience and take it one step at a time. So my goal this weekend is to sew up my new muslin and record my findings.
Until next time happy sewing...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails