Friday, December 09, 2011

A Designer's Dozen

So it is 12 for 2012, I know the last time I talked about how many patterns I was going to use I said it would be  no more than 10 but then I remembered 2 patterns I just could not leave out. How could I deprive myself of patterns that I really like and fit me well, the whole point of this challenge is to develop some good basic TnT  patterns and learn to maximize on their potential. Then there were some patterns I just have try such as a  Burda magazine pattern and a vest, jeans, a jacket or are apart of my Learn To Sew class like the jumper. So with that I came up with 12 patterns and I am calling them the Designer's Dozen. So for the next 12 days I'll introduce each pattern or item and tell my reasoning for it. Some of them I have patterns for and for some I'm still looking.

I recently went over a few threads about TnT patterns and it reminded me that getting a TnT pattern is an on going process and that I just need to get a pattern I like and is flattering on me and work with it. The only exception to my 12 pattern rule is anything that I draft or patternmake. I don't think I'll be doing a lot of patternmaking but just in case. So starting tomorrow I'll be starting my 12 days of patterns for the Designer's Dozen.

Until next time happy sewing

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails