Simplicity 2599 muslin is done. Its not a perfect fit but I am ready to start making a few tops with it. I think I am going to replace the facing with bias binding as I think this will look a little better. I may also try to give it some waist shaping as it looks a little too boxy.
As you can see I added sleeves. It was quite simple, I just morphed the short sleeve with the sleeve of Simplicity 2586. I then added a cuff to one and simply hemmed the other to see which I like. I like both I guess it just depends on which one I want for each design.
So after I finished with fitting the simplicity I went straight to fitting McCall's 5138. This was a bit more work since it doesn't have the cup sizes. So after tissue fitting I ended up widening the upper back half inch (1 inch total) and adding a 2 inch FBA. Then I had to lower the bust dart 1 inch. Once again I have a pretty good fit but not perfect yet. I will the perfect fit an on going process.
So I have started on my first top for McCall's 5138 and already have run into a problem. My bust dart is very pointy and its not pretty. After searching the boards on patternreview I decided to try pressing them on my ham. I'm not sure if this has helped or not since I just pressed them and I let is sit and cool. I'm hoping that after a night of rest it will be much better.