Monday, August 08, 2011

Planning Fall 2011’s Most Wearable Trends to sew

Mustard: Still not sure what I am going to make with this one yet, its a knit that I have had for about 3 years now. Its really brown with a mustard yellow paisley print, I had no idea the print was so large when I purchased this one online from fabric.com. I have seen it made up few times on patternreview a couple of times, but still not sure how its going to look on me. I love the print don't get me wrong but it needs to be made up into that right piece for my body. But i don't plan to work with it until I have something to make to go with it, I dislike sewing up orphans
 Granny Plaids: Here is another tough one for me, I love the print but not sure what I want to make with it. Its not that I'm short on ideas, only short on fabric. I know some will say its only fabric and just get some more. But here in a country where I can't drive, don't speak the language well at all, and doesn't get deliveries very well. I have to make the most of what I have. And also make the most of my time and money when I do get a chance to go out and buy more.
Well for this one I'm leaning towards a maxi skirt with a white knit turtleneck top. I would use my self-drafted skirt pattern and Burda 7742 for the turtleneck.
Chunky Sweater and Maxi skirt: Love the look, I remember loving this in high school. My only problem is finding a pattern. Oh and a nice chunky sweater and skinny jeans is totally me also. I can't wait to start on this look.
 Bright Pants: I remember the neon phase of the nineties  and the hot pink look also and I couldn't do it then and I don't think I could do it now but also when I think of bright a loud candy apple comes to mind and white so I can rock that. I only have two yards of the red twill but I'm hoping I can squeeze some skinny pants out it. The white is a Ralph L. I got from a Fabric Mart bundle a few years ago. I have enough of it to make at least three things but with kids going out with white its always a good thing. So I'll have to plan well with both.
Polka Dots: I have never done ploka dots, but depending the style I like the look. So I'm being bold and I'm going to try and make it work for me. As you can see this one goes with the fabric I have for my bright pants. This could a mini 3 or 4 piece wardrobe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails