Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I did it again.

 I signed up for another wardrobe contest over at PR. This at least my third time trying this contest and each time I fail miserably and say I'll never do that again. Well this time is different I hope. This time I plan on not thinking about the contest but instead focus on creating a set of workable patterns. They may not TNT but at least go start at becoming a TNT. I know that having a TNT takes time and one summer is not long enough but if I can get a few pieces that I like to at least fit and look half way decent and it would be a start towards that goal.


 At first I was going to try and draft all of my patterns but I can see this is going to take a lot of time, more than I expected, so I'm going to try and do a mix of self drafted and ready made patterns. I'm calling my wardrobe plan the draft, but they more likely will change.
The Draft

My  first item will be a shirt/blouse. Your basic button front with at least a bust dart shirt. I have started drafting my own but I can see its going to take me a few muslins to get it right as I'm not sure about the shaping of my armsye. It just looks so off. So while I'm working with my draft I will also trace of a ready made shirt pattern and work it with at the same time.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails