Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Look, Burda and More

Next up a tunic inspired by a Built by Wendy top, the first patternmaking exercise in DIY Patternmaking Simplified (from now on will be called DIY PS) and my favorite winter staple a turtleneck top. I have a long neck so I like they way they look on me.
I'll be using New Look 6808 and changing it up a bit. Its a pattern I have made before and have made to fit me pretty well. The skirt I drafted already before leaving the states now I just need to sew up and fit the muslin before getting into the fashion fabric.
Burda 7742 is new to me but because this is a knit I'll be fitting as I go instead of doing a muslin. For this top I'm using a premium stretch cotton in a sand color from fabric.com. I just purchased this when I found out I was leaving. For the New Look top I'll be using a cotton lawn I got from walmart a couple of years ago.
Before I can do any of this I need to find a sewing machine, I'm supposed to go look at a machine that my husband saw while he was here. Stay tuned to see whats next.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails