Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Well a lot has happened since I last posted which kept me from posting and one was moving, so now I have a better dedicated sewing space in the basement. I now also have a computer in my sewing room so now I hope to blog more. Anyway last time I think I as looking for things to do while I am pregnant and now I have a whole list of things to do and hopfully blog about. I have become more serious at improving and building my skills in construction, patternmaking and drafting, and also draping. So I have taken more steps toward that goal. My first plan is to work on construction. I just purchased Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers along with the sample book so I plan to work on that and also I have planned a mini warbrobe that consist of loose tops and drawstring cropped pants for early postpartum. I have also started with Make Your Own Dress Patterns by Adele P. Margolis to learn basic flat patternmaking. I'll try to show the first two exercises from the book tommorrow. But for now I'm going to finish cutting out my muslin and maybe practice welt pockets tonight if so I'll try to post pics of my first attempt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails