Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Not the bug.

Well after a long semester I had hope to be doing a lot of sewing and updating my blog on progress and finished projects, during my last post I had a bit of what I thought was the stomach bug because it was going around my house. Well as it turned out I did have it but that wasn't all that was contributing to my sickness. If you look to top of your screen you'll see a ticker, that's right a pregnancy ticker. So as of today I am 9weeks and 4 days. While I'm not upset it has thrown a monkey wrench into my sewing plans. So now what to do. You just my say well make maternity clothes, not the case I hate making maternity clothes I have tried the last two pregnancies to make maternity clothes, most if not all the patterns I have seen for maternity are let's say not me or what I like other than some Burda patterns. Also the idea of fitting and sewing it just turns me off for some reason. So I know I will not be trying to sew maternity and since my last pregnancy was so recent I have enough ill fitting maternity clothes to last me for a while. Most of the time I don't even start wearing them until about 3 or 4 months into my pregnancy. So now what to do? Well I want to continue to make clothes for myself, but not sure what to do. Maybe sew up some TNT patterns that I could wear after baby or maybe some knits that I can squeeze into for now and have them after baby. Or maybe work on learning and building my pattern drafting /making skills, or maybe try my hand at tailoring even if does not fit me in the end at least contribute to building my skills, maybe try a traditional chanel jacket with all the quilting and handsewing. Well I have a lot to think about but hope to figure it out soon so I can get to making, sewing and posting as soon as the all day sickness is over hopefully within the next few weeks, But hope to post again before then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails