Thursday, July 03, 2008

Pink Black Jersey Top

This top is the first item in my Back to Basics plan. After a failed mini wardrobe and not having sewn anything for months it was time for me to rethink my sewing plans. But more on Back to Basics plan later. Since a "T" is almost a staple in my wardrobe I thought it was a good idea to start there. I'm using Mccall's 5105. I'm also using Marcy Tilton's virtual workshop CD "Where Did You Get That T-Shirt" as my starting point.
After you have tissue fitted your "T" pattern and have cut it out next you staystitch the front and back neck sections.Next you stabilize the back shoulder. Then you stitch the front to back at the shoulder seam press seams flat then to the back and topstitch. Now this is where I did my own thing for the neckline on this version I'm trying a cowl and I used the instructions from Singer's Sewing with Knits for this. The photo in the book looks dated but the idea is not if that makes any sense.
Next was to set in the sleeve. Here is a little taste of Marcy Tilton's CD

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails