Thursday, July 03, 2008

Back to Basics

After the failure of my last sewing project ,a mini wardrobe in which I tried to sew a four piece wardrobe for the PR.com contest, it was time for me to rethink how approached sewing and what I wanted. So after a mini break from sewing I am ready with a plan. I want to concentrate on basic items, stuff I need and stuff I wear. My plan before were never really well thought out and with the little time that I have I need to make more realistic goals for myself. I also want to do more of my own stuff instead of being a slave to the pattern companies, I want to have a basic set of patterns that I can tweak here and there to get what I want. As a busy mother of many, time is something I don’t have a lot of but I love to sew and sew for myself so I have to be more creative about how I do things. I don’t want to look back on two years of sewing and have nothing to show for it. With that said I made a list of things I like to, want to, and can wear. I then considered my lifestyle and made my list more realistic of me. With that said here is my Back to Basics list.

· Tee- easy to make and easy to wear and always in style.

· The A-line skirt- flatters most figures and has been a favorite of mine.

· The wrap dress- did this ever go out of style and again easy wear just remember to knot if you have young kids who like to grab.

· The wrap tee

· The white shirt- ever since I started buying my own clothes as a teen I always liked buying these.

· The turtle neck- again one of my favorite wardrobe pieces

· Cardigan

· Jeans- needs no explanation.

Now here is a Plan I can work with.

Update no.1

  • Shirtdress
  • Tunic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails