Sunday, September 30, 2012

Denim Skirt From Self Drafted Pattern



This is my four gored skirt from my self drafted skirt pattern from Design It Yourself Clothes, it is basically the Roise without the side patch pockets and with a center back seam. For the center front and center back seam are mock flat felled seam. For the waistband I really need to make a waistband pattern piece, I have facing pieces drafted but sometimes I like the look of a waistband and this is the second skirt I have made from this pattern with a waistband. Just using the instructions for the waistband I just get my numbers and just chalk draw it on to the fabric using the salvage as one side to use it as a finishing treatment on the inside. The fabric is a stretch denim that I got from fabric.com late last year. I still have a few yards leftover so I hope to make at least two more items from the rest. Other than that there really isn't more to this skirt. I did run into a problem just at the end of making it, just as I am making good timing on finishing it, just as I was trying on for my last try on before hemming the zipper breaks , you could call that moment a Florida Evans moment you can see in my last two pics. So that cost me an extra sewing session but is now fixed. .




PR review:

Pattern Description: This is the second variation on the basic A-line skirt. Mines is four gores with side center zip and waistband with button closing.

Pattern Sizing: Based on your own personal measurments

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? No mines is much longer and I did not add the patch pockets

Were the instructions easy to follow? I have made enough skirts that I don't need instructions, well just to find a good way to insert a center zipper.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? none

Fabric Used: very stretchy denim from fabric dot com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: no its all your own design

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes and yes

Conclusion: Skirt that fits you, and designed by you. A great way to build your skills and wardrobe





Until next time, happy sewing...

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Wow! You did a great job on your self drafted skirt. I'll be sure to add this book to my wish list.

Take care & Needles Up!
Audrey B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails