Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring/Summer Trends I Plan To Try

For the most part I'm not a trend follower because they don't last long at least that is what I thought until I started following them. Now that I do I see that they do last for sometime but they just aren't new anymore are still wearable. I'm trying to make my dressing more fashion forward since I don't want to look like the woman with so many kids she didn't know what to do even when it came to dressing. 
So for my Spring/ Summer sewing I plan to try:

1. Tangerine- now I don't normally wear this color. Its not that I don't look right in it, its just something I'm instantly drawn to, But is is like listed on all of the major trend forecasters list including Pantone Fashion Color Report. I'm thinking of using it in a dress or a nice pant.

2. Color blocking- For me this will be a nice way to see what interesting combos I can come up with and also I like a lot of what I am seeing with this.

3. Lace- Again something new for me but I think it will give my wardrobe a nice lady touch. I'm thinking for maybe a lace cardi or something similar

4. Black on Yellow- This is one that I love I have seen a few of these around and I want an outfit like this so bad, can't wait to make.

5. Graphic Florals- I'm not a huge fan of florals but I think that is mostly due to my childhood tomboy days. i just could not get with the girly girly stuff and so I have always avoided them thinking I would not look right in them or they would make me look like an old woman. But I'm going to try and prove myself wrong with this one. I have no idea how or what but I am going to try it.


Until next time, happy sewing

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails