Wednesday, January 04, 2012

First Blouse done

 So I am finish my first top/blouse of the year/challenge and I am pleased with it. It went together pretty quickly which is something I like, quick gratification.





I already have my next variation planned but before than I have a few other things I want to make. Now the review.
Pattern Description: Misses tops with B,C,or D cup with different trims.

Pattern Sizing: I made a size 12 with D cup

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? nope see below

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes they are very easy. There really is nothing complicated about this pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? There is nothing I really disliked other than not having sleeves

Fabric Used: I used a cotton satin, which I think is the same as cotton sateen but its lighter than the sateen I'm use to this is more of a blouse weight not a bottom weight.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The only thing I did was add sleeves to make it more of a blouse than a woven Tee. I also widen the upper back by 1/2 inch and lowered the bust dart by 1 inch.
Also I tried the facing technique found in High Fashion Sewing Secrets from the World's Best Designers


Conclusion: Nice easy pattern to help build your wardrobe as you can see by the 60+ reviews and best pattern of 2010 award.



The facing

Finishing this blouse took a little longer than expected due to a bad stomach virus that had me in bed all day yesterday and then today my 3 year old son and 2 year daughter decided to take a hot chili pepper and rub it in their eyes, lets just say I don't think they even want to see another chili pepper again. No amount of water was making them feel better. It took about an hour before the crying stopped.

This is a sneak peak at my next 4 items, a mini wardrobe that with some of it mixed in my SWAP.  The two on the left are cotton knits, the next is a cotton sateen and the last is a regular cotton. The Sateen is going to be the challenge as it is only 2 yards and I want to make a maxi skirt out of it.

Until next time happy sewing

5 comments:

Bonnie O. said...

Lovely blouse! Your mini wardrobe will be lovely.

ReadyThreadSew said...

Gorgeous top. It looked like it was going to be really nice when it was just cut pieces, and it *is* really nice. I also love the other fabrics you've chosen for your SWAP, especially the jersey print.

Sherril said...

I love your new blouse. The colors for your mini-wardrobe are supposed to be the new "in" colors for 2012. You're right in step with current fashion.

SewCool21 said...

The top is beautiful

Umm Nadir said...

Oh sorry to hear what happen to M and L....lol. I like the top

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails