For the second top which is the red and black cotton print from Joann's a few years ago, I did not add the cuff to the sleeves and instead hemmed it as is and add a drawstring to the sleeves. to control some of the fullness I made a small belt with piping and added belt loops to sides of the top. My only problem was that I made the belt a bit too small because after sewing it up, it took me two days to turn it by hand and even then I did not do all of it, by the second day I gave it to my daughter to work on but I ended up finishing it.
For the third top I decided to add pockets to the bodice and also I added sleeve taps and also again I did another belt but this time I learned my lesson about the size of the belt. This time it didn't take me long at all to turn my belt. The fabric is a medium weight beige cotton that was purchased from fabric.com a few years ago.
In conclusion I'm so happy that I did this contest for many reasons. For one I really enjoyed working with the blank canvas and making something totally different each time. It has given me a since of accomplishment for having completed this time around and on time at that. Also I see the true value in having TNT patterns. I don't think this will be my basic top pattern but it is one of my TNTs now and I hope to make more in the future.
Until next time Happy Sewing...