Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jacket Sew Along







Over at Stitcher's Guild there has been much talk and enthusiasm over the newest sew-along, a jacket a month. It was inspired by Gigi's one jacket a month she had this year and she was actually about to accomplish it and even past her goal making a total of 13 jackets. I actually followed along from the beginning and even thought about making my own little challenge but never put anything into play since I had no idea what. Well now there is a sew- along for 2011. Now I already had plans to try and make a couple for myself but after reading the thread I think I would like to join. I don't even plan to make the 12 total but I'm aiming for 4 at least, even though I'm living in the middle of the desert in the winter months is does cool down enough at night to wear a jacket and sometimes during the summer months depending on where you are the A.C can require you to need one.





The pics you see are just some ideas of patterns to use, I have a lot more including my BWOF/Burdastyle mags. The brown and gold houndstooth was a fabric I got from fabric dot com a few years ago with the intention to make a jacket like the one by Micheal Kors you see on the right but never got around to it. Now I have some motivation to finally make it up but I plan to use a different pattern than the original one I chose. I don't plan to officially say anything in the forum until I have finished my first jacket but I have joined the flickr group set-up for the sew along, so we shall see how it goes.





As far as current sewing, I have designed a simple top and now I'm working on the pattern but I'll talk more about that in my next post. Until next time Happy Sewing

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails