Friday, August 13, 2010

Dresses, Dresses, Dresses

What is it about dresses that I want to make one, no not one but  many of them right now so bad? Its feminine, they're cute or how ever else you want to look and its easy. Easy to get dressed just throw it on and your done, a belt if you like,  a cardigan , some stand out jewelry , a mix of it or whatever, but there is no thinking what will I  wear today, what to wear with this shirt or this skirt, or this pant. Its a complete outfit all in one. But I for the life of me can not find one in my price range meaning with all the Burdas, with all the big 4 offers, with all the New Look offers, I can't seem to find one I'm willing to put my little time into getting the right fit and sewing up a few times. That doesn't mean there isn't a dress out there because there is, its the Hot Pattern's Cosmo Dress that I have been drooling over for a few months and every time I see a new version of it I almost cry because its not me making it. Its simple and chic gotta love that. The only thing that is stopping me is my cheapness. I have never kicked out that much money for a pattern, when I bought the the 3 Jalie patterns I own that was a stretch for me, as far as Burda in the States it was not a big deal when you break it down per issue, here its a little more but its still no big deal.
 
Maybe getting something that I have longed for will be the cure to getting my sewing mojo back, I don't know. Whatever it is I know I need some dresses in my life, I don't own a single one and I'm not even sure what kind of dress would look good on me its been so long. I think my lack of dresses has to do with how much I was a tomboy growing up, I remember I hated wearing skirts as a kid, it was just too much air in between my legs so dresses was defiently out of the question. I remember liking how they look on others just not on me. Well now that I'm grown up I love wearing skirts, and now I need a dress,I need a dress (said like Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire when he needed a face).  A dress that will kill the tomboy and bring out the woman in me.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails