Tuesday, March 09, 2010

McCall's 8705

 Fabric and McCall's 8705

I've been working on the bag now for about a week now, I started about two days after the contest started on patternreview. But so far it has only been with the fabric, I decided to tuck the fabric to give the bag some texture.
Denim for McCall's 8705 measuring tucks
tucking and pinning
I did not want just a plan bag, at first I was thinking maybe pin tucks but would have taken a lot longer given I don't have a lot time to do this, so regular tucks it was. I took me about 4 days of half hour here, ten minutes there, five minutes now to tuck about 2 yards of fabric.
denim all tuckedI'm done now and have already cut out my lining pieces so to night I hope to finish cutting out the main body pieces and oil my machine, while sewing the tucks I could hear my machine screeching so I need to oil it before I do anymore sewing. I hope to start that either tonight or tomorrow. I need to get rolling as the contest ends March 15,2010.
mccall's 8705 view D cut

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails