Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goals

I don't do New Year resolutions but I do set goals for myself. I don't want to see another year go by and I have done nothing, I have learned nothing or have nothing to show for a hobby that I like so much. So while I was away from blogging I made an 18 month plan but hope to look back after 1 month, after 2 months, after 4 months, after 8 months after 12 months and after 18 months and seeing some progress some improvement God Willing. With this new plan I hope to:
  1. Sew more of my clothes
  2. Improve my skills
  3. Learn basic patternmaking
  4. Blog more
Here is the plan I made myself, you can also see a copy of this in the side bar.

Weeks 1-12 Skirts 4 exercises a week

· Design-It-Yourself = 4 exercises

· Building Patterns = 37 exercises

· 6-10 piece collection 1

o Design, draft and sew 2 skirts

Weeks 13-14 T-shirt 4 exercises a week

· Design- It-Yourself = 4 exercises

· Sew U= 4 exercises

Weeks 15-26 Shirt/Bodice 4exercises a week

· Design-It-Yourself = 4 exercises

· Building Patterns = 26 exercises

o Moulage/ Bodice

o Dart manipulation

o Lines

· 6-10 piece collection

o Design, draft and sew 2 tops

Weeks 27-38 Dresses 4 exercises a week

· Design-It-Yourself= 4 exercises

· Building Patterns= 33 exercises

o Necklines

o Collars

· 6-10 piece collection

o Design, draft and sew 2 dresses

Weeks 39-50 Tops/Jacket 3 exercises a week

· Building Patterns= 36 exercises

o Sleeves

o Pockets

· 6-10 piece collection

o Design, draft and sew a blouse

o Design, draft and sew a jacket

Weeks 51-62 Pants/Jeans 3 exercises a week

· Design- It-Yourself= 4 exercises

· Building Patterns= 26 exercises

· 6-10 piece collection

o Design, draft and sew a pair of dress pants

o Design, draft and sew a pair of jeans

Weeks 63-72 Final collection

9 weeks= Design, draft and sew a 8 piece collection

I made it using three different books. I just hope and pray I can do this on my own. If you have any questions about the plan or books feel free to ask and if you would like to use the plan feel free just give credit when/ where its due.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails